Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cheering Section

So we had a volleyball game tonight, which is always a good time.  I took the kids with tonight and grandma was there to watch and make sure that they weren't throwing rocks at a truck and almost getting dad's butt kicked by said drunk guy(true story!).  We are a pretty good team, but we are in the non competitive league, so it isn't like are world beaters, but we do pretty well.  What I think is really cute though is Isaac and Amelia sit there an cheer and yell for myself and Sarah whenever we do anything, good or bad.  It is really cute, but I will admit it is pretty good motivation to do well, because it sounds a little odd when you totally screw up and you hear, "Nice hit dadda!" at the top of their lungs.  Everyone else hears it and can't help but laughing I'm sure, I mean it is rather ironic, and it is almost sarcastic in nature!  I guess that is good for us, and I laugh every time it happens, even though I know they are completely altruistic.  On a side note, we lost a game tonight!  Haven't done that in a while and that sucked!

Amelia got her cast off her arm yesterday!  So glad to see her without it again, though she does look weird without it.  She is adjusting to being able to use her arm again, and it looks pretty good.  Though I was surprised that they don't really attempt to straighten the arm, and tell you it will be bent for about a year and a half.  Seems to this laymen that you would try to straighten the arm from the get go and have it heal straight, but what do I know.  If it doesn't straighten, there will be hell to pay though!

Seems like life is always pulling me in 20 different directions, but I really like reading to the kids and putting them to bed!  If you are a parent you know those are times that you can never get back.  At bed time Amelia has been telling me to leave, after a hug and kiss of course, saying, "Go sleep in mama's bed."  LOL, that is pretty funny, even at her age she knows who rules this kingdom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment