Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bedtime

There is nothing like reading to your children as you are putting them to bed.  Tonight we were reading Little Bunny Foo Foo, and as we are reading, you hear the giggles and laughs, I just wish that it was always going to be that fun and easy.  I can't believe that they have grow as much as they have in the past 3 1/2 years.  I remember ever stage like it was yesterday, the first steps, the mispronounced words, learning to eat with utensils, learning to share and learning not to be mean to other kids/siblings(one they are still learning!).  I wouldn't trade these moments and memories or anything, but I fear losing the memories most of all.  In a busy and hectic life, it is so easy to forget some of the simpler moments, or to just miss them altogether.  I know that I can't be alone in that feeling.

Being a father has been one of the hardest tasks of my life, but it has also been one of the most rewarding parts of my life as well.  There isn't a day that doesn't pass when I look at the cost of being a dad, and think about how glad I am to pay the price!  It is worth it when your kids say "Luv you!" when you are tucking them in for the night and give the sweetest hug and kiss!  Nothing like it in the world!

Now it is time for the misses and I, tonight we are going to actually sit and watch a movie together.  I am not a huge chic flick guy, but I am looking forward to Valentines Day tonight, should be a nice chance to spend some time with the wife.  Good night everyone, well at this point in the blog life stage, good night no one! :)  LOL!

Average Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment